Since the last post, I started medical school (!), and am moving toward the end of my preclinical years (!!). Time moves fast.
Some things that I did in this time frame:
- Created an Excel sheet named “pretty okay foods” (all lowercase) for the desserts I (and people I subjugated to taste-testing) thought that passed the verbal “okay, not bad” during medical school.
- Took exams.
- Drew some stuff. And of which, 95% was anatomy stuff. There has been non-anatomy stuff, and that, like, single painting is also below.
- Aged. Two calendar years, but physiologically? … 5 years? I have wrinkles?!?!?!
- Procrastitelevisioned. I am proud to say that I have finished The Office. MAY I ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT? Never have I cried so thoroughly for a series finale.
- Connected with old friends (who, thankfully, understand how terrible I have become at responding) and made some lifelong new ones (who, also, understand that when I have stopped responding, it means that I have very likely passed out or am eating).
- And really, have become a hypochondriac on every disease I’ve read. For two months, I was quite convinced that a pollen allergy was thyroid cancer.
Some things I still haven’t done:
- Not passing out at inopportune times, or taking naps and saying to myself, “I will sleep only 5 more minutes” when I know that I will not be able to get up.
- Developed an inside voice.
Please enjoy some of my sketches that I’ve done over the past year. I apologize for the excess of anatomical drawings… as they have been essentially the only sketching I have done.
For the past few months, I have been working with CovidUp2Date, a group started by Johns Hopkins medical students to combat disinformation around the pandemic. They are truly an amazing group of people.
Some examples of large illustration graphics:
Some examples of weekly graphics:
And finally, just some sketches proper:
I really need to start dating digital works.
Came to your site after a long time dear friend. Great works and keep going. Your art is beautiful and inspiring. And I loved the Queen’s Gambit too!!
Harpreet! Thank you so much for the kind words! <3 <3 Yes! Wasn't the Queen's Gambit amazing??